Divided into six short video segments, complete with discussion and resource guides, this training prepares law enforcement to recognize and effectively document evidence of strangulation, leading to more successful felony prosecutions and increasing safety for entire communities.
The use of strangulation as a form of domestic violence is an undeniable red flag for future violence and homicide—not only for the victim, but our communities as a whole. Perpetrators who strangle pose the highest threat to the lives of law enforcement officers, and the correlation between mass shooters and a history of strangulation has been well-documented. Although strangulation is a felony in Texas, this heinous crime is too often overlooked due to elusive evidence and the already complicated dynamics of domestic violence crimes. It is imperative that our criminal justice system has the training and tools to hold society’s most dangerous offenders accountable.
Texas Law Enforcement Training Challenge!
All Texas law enforcement agencies who train at least 90% of sworn officers on Strangulation Investigations by Friday, May 7th will receive:
- Discounted CCAW ($375) and Strangulation Series ($100) registration for your ENTIRE agency
- Entry in drawing to win five FREE registrations for your agency for CCAW and Strangulation Series (two agencies will be drawn)
- Agency recognition on ICCR’s website and at future trainings
COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE:
- Request free access to the Strangulation Investigations Roll Call Training below
- Facilitate viewings of all six on-demand videos (each about 10 minutes long)
- All officers complete the evaluation found at the bottom of the roll call webpage
- *NOTE: The training facilitator MUST complete the evaluation and answer the specific “law enforcement training challenge” questions on the evaluation in order to receive the discounted registration codes and drawing entry